Monday, July 30, 2007

Surgery


So, I had my surgery today! I had a hole in my eardrum so they had to go in and cut off the scar tissue around the hole, and then they made a "c" shaped incision around the back of my ear and they took some tissue from there to patch it up. There is some kind of packaging behind and in front of my eardrum which will be there for about 3 weeks, and then I'll get some ear drops to help dissolve it. I can take the bandages off tomorrow morning, and then I'll be able to shower on Wednesday; Hallelujah! The surgery has gone FANTASTIC! Just before I went in, they gave me some kind of medicine that was supposed to help me not be nervous, and I couldn't stop laughing. All I remember was the guy giving me the medicine, and then everything kinda went out of focus and i just thought everything was funny, and the next thing I knew, I was awake. But I feel so good right now. I haven't gotten queasy or anything yet and I'm not dizzy at all anymore. My ear isn't even hurting that bad, it's just uncomfortable; kinda feels like I've got stuff draining out of my ear that I can't clean out. Other then that I feel absolutely amazing! Oh, and please excuse the lack of make up, the messy hair, and the hideous shirt in that picture; I look so gross.

1 comments:

The Davis's said...

I am so glad that everything went so good. You look so cute with your bandages!